Time to read: 2 minutes
Summary of the Best TED Talks:
- An all-up, digestible list of some of the best TED Talks gathered by the Profiles team as an employee engagement initiative.
- TED Talk Topics include finding your potential, work-life balance, asking “what do I want,” better sleep, and much more!
- Sharing in hopes of bringing light and inspiration during these times of uncertainty and beyond.
In a predominantly remote workforce, it can be hard to stay in touch with co-workers. On the other hand, maybe some have never felt closer to their colleagues with the help up enhanced communications and video meetings. One way or another, we are all in the same boat, and it helps to veer off the day-to-day from time-to-time.
To foster remote employee engagement and bring the team together in a different way, Profiles CEO, Joe Gambino, implemented a TED Talk initiative. The idea spawned from Joe sharing a TED Talk given by someone in his network (TED Talk #1 below!) and shared with the staff as he thought it would resonate.
From there, Joe asked each of the staff to share a TED Talk that resonated with them and explain why. Each person was given a due date as well as a template for additional details – the rest was up to the presenter. Over a two month period, on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, TED talks hit our inboxes. Sharing TED Talks was an alternative and unique way to engage the staff and foster conversation among one and other. It was as if the team was learning a little something about each other.
Keep reading for some of the best TED Talks, encompassing topics around inspiration, lifestyle, and overall well-being.
The Best TED Talks We are Talking About
- Talking to Strangers is My Self-Care – Lily Clayton Hansen
- The Power of Introverts – Susan Cain
- Life is Short, Travel Now – Jared Kamrowski
- The Key to Unlocking Your Full Potential – Nadia Damaso
- The Happy Secret to Better Work – Shawn Achor
- How to Make Work-Life Balance Work – Nigel Marsh
- There’s More to Life Than Being Happy – Emily Esfahani Smith
- Where Joy Hides and How to Find It – Ingrid Fetell Lee
- What I Learned from 100 Days of Rejection – Jia Jiang
- How to Turn Off Work Thoughts During Your Free Time – Guy Winch
- Sleep is Your Super Power – Matt Walker
- Why Do We Sleep – Russell Foster
- The Power of Deliberate Listening – Ronnie Polaneczky
- To Overcome Challenges, Stop Comparing Yourself to Others – Dean Furness
- 10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation – Celeste Headlee
- In Uncertain Times, Think Like a Mother – Yifat Susskind
- The Question I Almost Didn’t Ask, and How It Changed My Life: What do I want? – Rita Wilson
- Go with Your Gut Feeling – Magnus Walker