Time to read: 5 minutes
Furlough Defined Summary:
– Defining furlough, how it differs from a layoff, and what are employee expectations.
– Understanding employee rights during a furlough.
CARES Act Summary
– Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed on March 27, 2020.
– The CARES Act is not a stimulus but a relief. What is the difference?
– Allocation of the $2.2 trillion across individuals and businesses illustrated and explained.
Time to read: 5 minutes
Career Housekeeping to Lift Your Spirits Summary
– Combatting the uncertainty and negativity that comes with news of business closures, layoffs, and prolonged social distancing.
– Tips on how to use this time to update your materials and the effects of updating job search materials can have on your mental health, mood, and confidence.
Time to Read: 10 minutes
– 15 tips to share with your video conference attendees prior to your next virtual meeting.
– When to use video conferencing over instant messaging, emails, or phone calls.
– Tips to drive engagement without going over time.
– Follow-up best practices that hold accountability and hit deliverable deadlines.
Time to read: 8 minutes
COVID-19 Creative and Marketing Job Market Report Summary
– Are companies and HR personnel still moving forward with hiring plans?
– Are job seekers still searching for jobs?
– How will budget cuts and layoffs affect the market?
– How secure do employees feel in their current positions?
– What is expected in a universally remote work environment?
Time to Read: 2 minutes
– Internet deals and wifi promotions across Comcast, Spectrum, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
– These internet deals cover new and existing customers.
– Corporate america and school age kids are now home due to COVID-19 precautions. Bandwidth issues and internet speeds have slowed to a crawl. Inside we’ve compiled the best internet deals for your home wifi needs.
Time to read: 6 minutes
Summary of Creating Remote Work-Life Balance During COVID-19:
– Working from home is one, solid way to achieve work-life balance, but with that comes the trouble of deciphering when work ends and home begins.
– Tips for creating harmony with strictly enforced remote work and COVID-19 quarantine situations are explored as we focus on what we can control.
– Dedicated workspaces, rituals, time blocking, and more to ensure a healthy remote work-life balance.
Time to Read: 5 minutes
Summary of Recession-Proof Industries for Your Job Search
– Has COVID-19 started a global recession?
– Recessions are a general decline in economic activity. With that comes a domino effect on employment, spending, and business practices.
– While a recession is among us and businesses are remote due to the virus, candidates should still be job searching and looking for positions in recession-proof industries before the decline really takes hold and affects recruitment.
Time to Read: 3 minutes
– Strategizing business plans amid COVID-19.
– COVID-19 Business challenges include 1/3 of staff unable to work.
– CIO’s and CMO’s embrace digital to take advantage of increased online traffic behavior.
– Businesses turn to teleworking. Virtual interviewing takes place as hiring continues.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.