Do you edit that sentence 5 times just to get it right? Can you say more with less copy? Can you juggle multiple projects and competing priorities?
We’re looking for a Content Editor to join the team of a Fortune 500 Financial Services Corporation and work with their email creative team. This position is a contract assignment that can be located in either Chicago, IL; Richmond, VA; or Plano, TX and is perfect for someone who is the right mix of grammar geek and wordsmith.
The Content Editor should be comfortable working in the digital copy editor space and can edit basic grammar, brand voice and style so that it aligns with standards and best practices.
The Content Editor will need a positive attitude and must understand the benefits of process and how to use it to deliver the best results while keeping the customer experience in mind. This role will collaborate within their core team of project manager and designer, as well as with a variety of partners.
Along with your resume, please share a few paragraphs to tell us how your experience makes you a good fit for this editor position—this is your chance to show us your skills in practice.
Content Editor Responsibilities:
- Review and proof emails created by in-house teams and outside agencies for alignment with email best practices, corporate editorial standards, and brand voice.
- Provide editorial revisions to designers using Acrobat and G Suite apps.
- Work with business and creative teams as an email subject matter expert to update existing creative work or develop new email marketing creatives.
- Work with brand and business teams for multi-stage internal reviews and approvals.
- Work within tight schedules and deadlines.
- Work within regulatory and accessibility compliance guidelines.
- Minimum 2–4 years of experience, preferably digital and/or some agency experience.
- Insanely keen eye for detail, grammar, punctuation, and errors.
- Proven ability to check, re-check, and check again to ensure all prior revisions are in place.
- Strong organizational skills is a must—an amazing ability to manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Knowledge of AP Stylebook.
An award-winning Marketing and Creative Technology staffing agency, Profiles places the highest caliber candidates in Fortune 500 companies and successful organizations across the country. Our experienced recruiters focus on candidates drawn from the top 20% of job seekers nationwide. Profiles professionals are available for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Headquartered in Baltimore, MD, Profiles has regional offices in Philadelphia, Richmond and Washington D.C.
Have you considered a contract position? Profiles offers the following benefits: competitive salary; 401(k) plan; weekly paycheck and bonus pay; health, vision and dental insurance; online software and soft skill training.
New job opportunities are listed daily – www.careerprofiles.com.