Digital Instructional Designer
Join the team of a tenured Richmond-based non-profit with a national reach as their new Digital Instructional Designer. This is a full-time, hybrid remote position located in Richmond, Virginia. This Digital Designer will use their technical knowledge and design expertise to produce in-house digital and technology-enhanced solutions for a variety of projects. The Digital Designer will develop and maintain online courses (including graphics, resources, and materials) and provide technical support to external users.
The Digital Design position features a competitive salary and benefits package designed to attract great people and keep them. The team offers a fun and casual, yet professional, work environment, and an opportunity to make a difference. This role has a flexible schedule as well as a remote hybrid work option.
Digital Designer Responsibilities:
- Use technical knowledge and design expertise to produce in-house digital and technology-enhanced solutions for a variety of projects.
- Develop and maintain online courses (including graphics, resources, and materials) and provide technical support to external users.
- Collaborate with team members, subject-matter experts, and vendors to assist with technology solutions.
Digital Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related creative and design field required.
- Experience in developing and administering both asynchronous and synchronous web-based learning deliverables.
- Proven experience in instructional design, curriculum development, and learning management systems administration to include:
- Proficiency with technology platforms and software necessary to support effective content creation, experience using web-based authoring tools preferred.
- Experience with eLearning authoring software such as Articulate Storyline and have a basic understanding of LMS-relevant technical specifications.
- Understanding of accessibility requirements including 508 compliance and WCAG guidelines.
- Experience designing for large audiences, can develop for multiple delivery modes, and experience with multiple design and development tools.
- Strong understanding of adult learning theory, learner engagement, and levels of interactivity in web-based training.
- Administering and working within databases and Learning Management Systems, to include Moodle.
- Formatting and loading eLearning courses, including pre- and post-tests, evaluations, and activities to LMS.
- Preferred candidates will have additional desired experience and skills to include:
- Video filming, production, and editing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Audition, etc.).
- Experience recording and editing high quality audio content.
An award-winning creative and marketing workforce solutions provider. Profiles places the highest caliber candidates in Fortune 500 companies and leading brands, nationwide. Our specialized recruiters represent an elite group of skilled professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Profiles is headquartered in Baltimore, MD with a remote staff of entrepreneurial individuals across the nation.