Director of Digital Production
A leading marketing agency headquartered near Columbia, MD is looking for a Sr. Director of Operations for an immediate, full time role. The agency is currently working on a hybrid remote schedule, working three days a week in the Columbia, MD office. Aspiring VP of Operations are encouraged to apply!
The Sr. Director of Operations will successfully balance optimizing the agency’s human and technical investments with scoping best in class solutions for customers. The role will inspire others to drive clarity in how to consistently deliver great, profitable work through process, resource and pricing improvements.
Sr. Director of Operations Responsibilities:
- Maintain end-to-end accountability for project management, including planning, pricing, sourcing, negotiating, quality control and final delivery.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure proper billing, purchase order processing and to support cash flow management.
- Collaborate with any/all team members to ensure customer expectations are managed with regard to scope, progress, schedule and budget.
- Set clear expectations for tasks and deliverables; provide timely feedback, information and direction to internal and external teams while diplomatically managing expectations.
- Help manage the computer and printer assets of the company, including hardware, software and third-party IT support.
- Manage vendor partner relationships and activities to source the best production method and technology fit to extend the creative team’s vision through to execution.
- Oversee project deliverables by generating printing requests for estimates and samples of materials, obtaining specs/dies, managing pre-press production, and coordinating press check and mailing/distribution.
- Issue purchase orders for all suppliers and assets requested by the agency.
- Review and approve all supplier invoices, including shipping receipts and resolving discrepancies when necessary.
- Find opportunities to optimize profitability and revenue potential for the agency when significant investments are made with current systems as well as future solutions yet to be identified.
- Accurately develop scope and cost proposals for customers.
- Determine the best way to handle job/estimate/resource reconciliation by mastering the art of the post mortem.
- Focus on maintaining top tier market pricing and appropriate distribution of tasks/hours by department and functions when developing estimates.
- Work with the client service teams to provide realistic estimates and timelines that create a winning scenario for both the agency and the customers.
- Work with the client service teams to help them understand the estimates in order to properly present them to our customers
- Obtain and negotiate detailed estimates, specifications and terms for all external costs from a variety of suppliers, including printers, photographers, stylists, video production houses, producers, etc.
- Oversee and manage project managers to ensure proper workflow and on-time schedule delivery.
- Work with project managers in developing schedules with the various team members to optimize manpower and set realistic delivery dates.
- Maintain and grow the health and culture of the agency – a fun and meaningful place to work.
- Establish and encourage a culture of teamwork based on warmth, curiosity & perseverance.
- Ensure accurate job descriptions and goals are set for each departmental employee.
- Conduct performance reviews and career path plans, including encouraging training to build and develop new skills and capabilities, for direct reports.
- Develop and promote a departmental vision with short- and long-term goals that ladders back to the agency purpose.
- Review weekly status sheets to ensure accuracy and proper integration with agreed-to schedules.
- Specify and issue P.O.s for all assets, software, fonts, images, etc., in order to streamline purchasing and procure assets that optimize workflow.
- Work with department heads to spec and purchase all computers, software, fonts, images, etc., to keep the business running efficiently.
- Manage the photography contracts and usage rights related to stock houses and direct contract photographers as well as font usage rights.
- Work to manage the work assets on the server—proper organization and efficiency of space are paramount to speed and workflow.
Sr. Director of Operations Requirements:
- 7-10+ years agency experience.
- BA in design, management or related field.
- Expertise in the paper and digital industries, including current best practices, methodologies & technologies.
- Expertise with resource management, budgeting and scope definition.
- Very strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Clear presentation of project plans, schedules, issues, risks and requirements to appropriate team members.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, presentation, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Effective management of multiple, concurrent projects against aggressive timelines without compromising accuracy or quality.
- Knowledge of packaging design and production.
- Excellent negotiating and relationship building skills with outside vendor partners or other entities involved in supporting the agency or its customers.
- Great interpersonal skills and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Ability to work under time constraints in a fast-paced, high-volume, multitasking environment while still having fun and remaining calm and poised under pressure.
An award-winning creative and marketing workforce solutions provider. Profiles places the highest caliber candidates in Fortune 500 companies and leading brands, nationwide. Our specialized recruiters represent an elite group of skilled professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Profiles is headquartered in Baltimore, MD with a remote staff of entrepreneurial individuals across the nation.
New job opportunities are listed daily – www.careerprofiles.com.B123D