Join the growing team of an award-winning web services digital agency, based in Baltimore, MD as their Front-End Developer for a remote opportunity.
Front-End Developer Responsibilities:
- Valid HTML/CSS Template creation.
- Working with the back-end team to translate templates into the chosen content management system.
- Maintenance of existing sites—this may include creating new display templates, developing new features, or fixing bugs.
- Ability to quickly figure out how a site is put together, and make the appropriate changes.
- Debugging front-end code.
- Wireframe and mockup review to catch potential issues before site build begins.
- Thorough process of QA, addressing fixes logged by the design, technical, and account management departments.
- Staying on top of current front-end best practices.
Front-End Developer Requirements:
- At least 3 years of continuous industry experience in Web production.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high level of maturity and focus, with the ability to multi-task.
- An inherent interest in front-end programming.
- High level written and verbal communication skills, and strong self-organization.
- A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours and communication around those expectations.
- Good stress management and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability, humility, and a sense of humor.
- The ability to work well with project teams, as well as interface with clients as needed.
Candidates must have a strong background in:
- Web standards-based template production in a fast-paced environment.
- Cross-browser compatibility.
Familiarity with the following is strongly encouraged:
- Front-end frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, etc.).
- Handlebars or similar HTML templating systems.
- Gulp, Webpack, Grunt, or other front-end build tools.
- Modular CSS conventions /systems such as BEM, SMACSS, or “Object Oriented CSS.”
- CSS preprocessors such as Sass.
- Git/Version control experience.
- Accessibility concepts and regulations such as WCAG 2.0 and Section 508.
- CMS template integration.
- Usability and Information Architecture best practices.
- Mobile and responsive web design.
- Front-end code debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools.
- Search Engine Optimization techniques.
- Modern design tools such as Sketch, or Figma.
An award-winning creative and marketing workforce solutions provider. Profiles places the highest caliber candidates in Fortune 500 companies and leading brands, nationwide. Our specialized recruiters represent an elite group of skilled professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Profiles is headquartered in Baltimore, MD with a remote staff of entrepreneurial individuals across the nation.
New job opportunities are listed daily – www.careerprofiles.com.