An innovative and digitally focused healthcare agency is seeking a Managing Editor for an immediate direct hire. The Managing Editor represents the Editorial Department in internal meetings, including status meetings and kickoffs. The Managing Editor will review and provide feedback on Creative Briefs, Estimates, and Timelines to ensure Editorial needs are reflected and that the department is set up for success.
The Managing Editor will manage assigned accounts and staff to ensure workloads are assigned appropriately and prioritizes projects—problem solving with Project Management as required. The Managing Editor will create, update, and adhere to processes set forth for Editorial reads, utilizes checklists developed for each type of Editorial read, and ensures that direct reports do so as well. He/she will ensure Client, Brand, and AMA style adherence, that FDA guidelines are applied, that Agency processes are followed, that inconsistencies in campaigns are flagged, and that timelines are met.
Managing Editor Responsibilities:
- Develop a knowledge of the brand and strategy for each of the products assigned.
- Oversee the development of a training program for new hires.
- Clearly interpret and communicate client and Medical/Legal-Regulatory requests.
- Develop training modules and lead training in eRouting best practices, Permissions, and Client Submission processes.
- Ensure coverage for workload including nights and weekends as appropriate.
- Work independently with minimal supervision while communicating and collaborating with team members and keeping them abreast of any significant timing, fact-check, or editorial issues.
- Consistently update supervisor with account information including workload, timing, and other issues.
- Edit and fact-check copy according to Client, Brand, and AMA style.
Managing Editor Requirements:
- College degree—preferably English, Journalism, or Communications major.
- 3-5 years of editing experience in a pharmaceutical advertising agency or a medical publishing house.
- Superior editing skills and knowledge of AMA style.
- Knowledge of and interest in the health care industry and the science of pharmaceuticals.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must possess a high level of language and communication skills.
- Must have an excellent grasp of grammar.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Acrobat and MS Office.
- Must project a positive/helpful attitude.
- Must be able to follow instructions and adhere to strict guidelines while having the ability to enforce the same with direct report.
An award-winning Marketing and Creative Technology staffing agency, Profiles places the highest caliber candidates in Fortune 500 companies and successful organizations across the country. Our experienced recruiters focus on candidates drawn from the top 20% of job seekers nationwide. Profiles professionals are available for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Headquartered in Baltimore, MD, Profiles has regional offices in Philadelphia, Richmond and Washington D.C.
Have you considered a contract position? Profiles offers the following benefits: competitive salary; 401(k) plan; weekly paycheck and bonus pay; health, vision and dental insurance; online software and soft skill training.
New job opportunities are listed daily – www.careerprofiles.com.