Marketing Advisor – Flex Remote
The Marketing Advisor will research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. This role will be responsible for gathering information on competitors and methods of marketing and distribution.
Marketing Advisor Responsibilities:
- Advise business and other groups on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services.
- Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement and royalty sharing with outside producers and distributors.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives, and customer satisfaction.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Formulate, direct, and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks, and developing distribution strategies.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments, and monitoring market trends.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or equivalent training required.
- 10+ years related experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Expert knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Expert ability to develop marketing and pricing strategy.
- Expert knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
An award-winning Marketing and Creative Technology staffing agency, Profiles places the highest caliber candidates in Fortune 500 companies and successful organizations across the country. Our experienced recruiters focus on candidates drawn from the top 20% of job seekers nationwide. Profiles professionals are available for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Headquartered in Baltimore, MD, Profiles has regional offices in Philadelphia, Richmond and Washington D.C.
Have you considered a contract position? Profiles offers the following benefits: competitive salary; 401(k) plan; weekly paycheck and bonus pay; health, vision and dental insurance; online software and soft skill training.
New job opportunities are listed daily – www.careerprofiles.com.