Join the product team of a Fortune 200 Financial Services Corporation as the Senior Copywriter. This position is a contract assignment located in Richmond VA, but is also open to candidates in DC, NYC, Richmond and Remote.
The ideal Senior Copywriter candidate is an experienced and natural storyteller with integrated marketing experience that will drive the development of powerful, engaging copy. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys executing creative strategies and solutions while also thinking through highly usable and intuitive experiences in addition to creative cleverness. The Senior Copywriter should be someone who is as passionate about the customer experience as they are for their copy and is constantly striving to make it better.
The Senior Copywriter will partner with Art Directors to produce a variety of marketing communications. This position will be involved with everything from making small tweaks to existing work, to concepting and presenting new and unique marketing assets to our internal partners and leadership. The position will collaborate with marketing and business partners along the way to build and refine their ideas, our products, and the customer experience.
*Candidates that meet the below requirements will be eligible for consideration*
Senior Copywriter Qualifications:
- A self-starter with the ability to work as effectively autonomously as you are collaboratively, and in white space as much as you are within a formalized creative process.
- Ability to think beyond the ask.
- Inspire and drive the development of powerful, concise marketing.
- Strong creative strategies rooted in consumer insight and marketing objectives.
- Motivation, drive, and collaboration.
- Understanding of the media (print, online, mobile) and its limitations.
- Ability to approach assignments from a customer-centric perspective while also understanding higher-level business and marketing objectives.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and the ability to identify, address, and incorporate emerging trends into strategic development.
- Ability to navigate through complex processes, client organizations, and ambiguity.
- A consistently positive outlook and attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience.
- At least 4 years of copywriting experience, preferably digital and/or some agency experience.
- Insanely keen eye for detail, grammar, punctuation and errors.
- Proven ability to check, re-check, and check again to ensure all prior revisions are in place.
- Strong organizational skills a must—an amazing ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- At least 1 year of financial industry experience.
Senior Copywriter Responsibilities:
- Help deliver exceptional solutions, effortless experiences, and result-driven work through creative innovation and continued improvement.
- Make great brands better, through scalable creative solutions designed to connect with the consumer in interesting, memorable, and most importantly, helpful ways.
- Have the resources and autonomy to make an immediate and consistent impact – not only on your team and partners, but also to millions of customers and an entire industry. In addition, you’ll work in an environment that fosters collaboration and innovation and prioritizes personal growth and fulfillment in each associate.
- Bring experience working in either/both client servicing Ad Agency or in-house creative corporate culture.
- Work directly and collaboratively with members of the creative team and business partners to develop and produce strategically-grounded, insight-driven creative that brings to life the features and benefits of our retail partner’s suite of credit cards for both customers and prospects.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of advertising and marketing trends and translate business intent into creative strategies and executions that market products effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the intended audience; interpret market research and test results, as well as use findings to focus targeted marketing messages.
- Build and maintain relationships with a network of partner groups (digital, operations, legal, etc.) to anticipate and proactively address obstacles, and establish creative as a thought partner and ally—not just an executor of deliverables.
- Be self-organized, manage multiple concurrent jobs, and fill in for your Creative Director, if needed.
- Present with a convincing and inspiring style to increase buy-in and open the door for new opportunities—both for your team and department.
An award-winning Marketing and Creative Technology staffing agency, Profiles places the highest caliber candidates in Fortune 500 companies and successful organizations across the country. Our experienced recruiters focus on candidates drawn from the top 20% of job seekers nationwide. Profiles professionals are available for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Headquartered in Baltimore, MD, Profiles has regional offices in Philadelphia, Richmond and Washington D.C.
Have you considered a contract position? Profiles offers the following benefits: competitive salary; 401(k) plan; weekly paycheck and bonus pay; health, vision and dental insurance; online software and soft skill training.
New job opportunities are listed daily – www.careerprofiles.com.