Join the growing team of an award-winning web services digital agency, based in Baltimore, MD as their Traffic Manager for a remote opportunity.
The Traffic Manager will work with the software development team to manage technical resourcing across multiple shifting projects and retainers. Developers work on a wide variety of large website and applications projects in close integration with other departments.
*Candidates who meet the below requirements will be eligible for consideration.
Technical Traffic Manager Requirements:
- Strong mastery of details, computation, and Microsoft Excel and Jira (used currently for planning).
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and software (for example, Airtable, which we use for resource planning).
- Superb soft skills.
- Diplomatic and clear communication and negotiation.
- Sound/informed judgement calls.
- Self-starter who can effectively manage the extension task of technical resource planning and manage their time efficiently and effectively.
- Strong organization skills, comprehension, problem solving and attention to detail as well as being able to see the big picture on projects with regards to planning.
- Ability to “see the forest from the trees” on projects, working effectively with project managers and management to plan resourcing for the day to day as well as ensuring successful project delivery and account success on a larger scale.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar type of role and/or fast paced, larger agency-type environment.
- Previously have held a similar resource planning and/or management role, with a similar scale in another organization, optimally managing/planning technical resources for digital projects.
- Prior project management experience, managing project teams, planning resources, and understanding the development lifecycle of digital projects is a plus.
- Has worked in related or similar industries, although digital agency or similar type experience is preferred.
- The ability to demonstrate sustained work experience that aligns with the position and demonstrates the characteristics mentioned above is key.
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications (including Excel, MS Project, and Outlook).
- Experience with project management tools or resourcing/capacity planning/task management tools, including Jira.
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS) including Sitecore and working knowledge of the technical project lifecycle for developing and resourcing for large website and application implementations.
Technical Traffic Manager Responsibilities:
- Information gathering (attending project and team meetings, meeting one on one with developers/project managers to understand developer schedules and project needs).
- Analysis and reporting (maintaining existing resource and capacity planning spreadsheets and developing new reporting as needed) and making informed recommendations about resource assignments on projects.
- Coordinating development resources across projects with the Project Management team.
- Help developers remain productive by tracking when they are ‘stuck’ on technical issues and facilitating what is needed to ‘unblock’ them; escalating to management when needed.
- Coordinating with technical staff to oversee outstanding issues filed with Sitecore, and help developers maintain focus on progressing with those issues.
- Facilitating communication of production issues with the Project Management team to assure that the proper focus, priority, and follow through is assigned to those issues.
- Oversight practice for resource planning, which includes aspects such as (but not limited to) ensuring that all projects are entered into Airtable across the company; working with other practice area resource managers to establish standards for resourcing and capacity planning views in Airtable for use across all departments (short-term and larger capacity planning views); and specifically owning the technical resourcing planning in Airtable, including providing detailed weekly updates to management via the standing Technical Resource meeting.
An award-winning creative and marketing workforce solutions provider. Profiles places the highest caliber candidates in Fortune 500 companies and leading brands, nationwide. Our specialized recruiters represent an elite group of skilled professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Profiles is headquartered in Baltimore, MD with a remote staff of entrepreneurial individuals across the nation.
New job opportunities are listed daily – www.careerprofiles.com.