The Video Specialist will be responsible for planning, shooting, editing, and animating a wide range of video materials for the firm.
Required knowledge and skills:
• Four years’ experience of video production within a professional film/TV/corporate environment.
• Intermediate level knowledge of, and hands-on experience with both in-studio and field cameras, lighting, and audio systems. Particularly Canon Cinema cameras, PTZ cameras, and Tricaster video switchers.
• Intermediate level knowledge of and hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Cloud. Specifically, Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, Media Encoder.
• Working knowledge of industry standard video editing techniques and comfortable with different styles of editing (documentary, commercial, etc.)
• Working knowledge of live event platforms within a studio broadcast environment and remote video production.
• Efficient in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
• Able to manage numerous concurrent projects.
• Customer-focused with high levels of verbal and written communication proficiency
• A passion for filmmaking that stays well-informed on current video production/editing techniques and trends.
Shooting and Asset Creation:
Will pack, transport, set up, shoot, and tear down camera, lighting, audio and required set equipment for both live and recorded productions both within and outside of our production studio(s). Will be expected to produce video both as part of a larger production team or, as an individual (single/solo) producer. Some project assignments may require more advanced shooting strategies and liaison with creative partners. Position requires working with and modifying graphic assets produced by others, as well as creating graphic/media assets for animation. Use of broadcast studio equipment for live and pre-recorded shows.
Will transfer media and video footage from cameras and other storage media to non-linear editing systems. Will work with others to prepare digital media at all levels, with an emphasis on intermediate to advanced material for release according to a pre-defined schedule. Completes advanced animations, mixed media video, and standard video editing.
Preferred education, work experience, and skills, though not required:
• Successful completion of post-secondary coursework in video production and/or post-production, film-making
• Skilled in still photography
• Proficiency in motion graphics and animation production software