Time to Read: 6 minutes
Remote Talent Solutions During COVID-19 Summary:
- Job applications up 6% week over week for creative and marketing positions.
- Thriving industries amid coronavirus include retail banking, delivery services, digital agencies, Ecommerce, healthcare, pharma, and senior living.
- Making it happen remotely. A roadmap for hiring solutions, virtual interviewing, digital onboarding, remote training, and 3 months into the job.
Remote talent solutions during COVID-19 may come easier than you think! It is just two days into a mandatory work from home policy. The nation is adjusting to closing of schools, localized curfews, closing of retail stores and bars, travel restrictions, and restaurants being a carry-out or delivery only.
With everyone indoors, how is social distancing affecting work productivity, business sales, and online behaviors? Job applications for creative, marketing, and digital positions are up 6% week over week, reported by Marketing Director, Polly Brady at Profiles. Polly shares, “It is still early, however, we are closely observing spikes in online behaviors, job applications, remote staff productivity, and how these adjustments impact our clients. Our staff is diligently working to nurture all consultant and client needs. As some industries have had to pause job openings it has been balanced with others who have demand are scaling their remote workforce. Our predictions across the creative and marketing job market are to see through a continued rise in applicants where virtual interviews and digital onboarding take place over the next 30 days. Again, it is just day two and the necessary adjustments in response to COVID-19 are unfolding so quickly that we will stay nimble for any type of change that comes our way.”
Industries in Travel, Hospitality, Events and Entertainment report a decline in business, with some making furlough’s or layoffs. On the other end the following industries are continuing business with a surge of demand:
- Banking and Finance
- Consumer Goods
- Computer & IT
- Delivery Services
- Digital Agencies
- Senior Living and Care
How employers onboard remote talent solutions during COVID-19
Remote Talent Solutions:
- Direct Hire employment needs continue among mid to large sized businesses within job titles which can onboard and get started in a remote capacity. These new hires are expected to transition onsite once the coronavirus precautions are lifted.
- Contract Hire employment is expected to increase as the unemployment rate softens. Industries who are experiencing a surge in demand at this time are actively hiring contractors as a means to quickly scale. Contract professionals are readily available with the home office equipment and technology needed to be successful from day one. With past contract experience, these individuals are most understanding of remote and flexible arrangements.
- If your company does not have a software solution to host a video interview such as Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting, Blue Jeans, or Microsoft Office Teams then your staffing provider should set this up for you.
- Digital onboarding allows quick and easy electronic signatures and the ability to capture identify, pay stub and tax information. If a new hire does not have access to a scanner then digital onboarding has features such as uploading a picture from their phone and saving it to a secure and private location.
- Background checks can be run electronically on a remote basis.
- Referral checks are completed by phone and email.
- Home office equipment and software can be delivered by the employers IT department or the use of the new hires personal property can be used until further notice.
Remote First 2 Weeks on the Job:
- Plan a 2 week agenda of training and tasks for the new hire. Book each event as a calendar invite. Include regularly scheduled calls and utilize video conferencing or screen sharing tools as listed above. At minimum, start and wrap each day with a touch base to nurture the distant work relationship and hold resources accountable.
- Book 30-60 minute introductory calls with the new hire and each teammate or head of each department. The more your remote colleagues know about each other, their past work experience, strengths and weaknesses, and responsibilities of the new role then the better they will produce together.
Transitioning 1-3 Months Ahead:
- Professionals are currently open to remote work and flexible options. The majority of working professionals today, in the creative and digital space, have the home office equipment available to get started right away. Home office equipment is referencing a computer, monitor, high speed internet, printer, scanner, and smart phone.
- As the unemployment rate softens, job seekers will be more inclined to accept contract positions.
- Job seekers will be shifting among industries, seeking secure long term position in recession proof industries.
- As the market rebounds, professionals must understand that they will likely be requested to commute onsite.
If you are in need of hiring a remote talent solutions during COVID-19 and need consultation on how to get started please contact us. A Profiles Business Development Manager will gladly walk through your needs in order to advise an actionable plan to achieve your end goals. This consultation can include job descriptions, recruiting, negotiations, onboarding, remote technology, operations, back office support, and productivity reporting. Profiles has vetted qualified creative and marketing professionals. These candidates are available for hire on a remote contract and direct hire basis. Each are equipped with the home office necessary to get started right away. Additionally, we can hire within your localized market so when existing precautions are lifted they may resume work onsite as needed.